Monadh Kitchen

Hello! Welcome back to my blog. 

This will be my last edition of Glasgow Goes Veggie!

After an expensive and fattening month, my time and budget has run out. Though, I can’t deny the fun I have had, between catching up with friends and trying some truly delicious vegetarian meals!

Enough of the sentiment. If you’re still reading these then I hope it is because you’re inspired by Glasgow’s array of veggie food options. Thus, I thought it would be only right to finish with a Scottish restaurant!

This week I have visited Monadh Kitchen!

Nestled in the heart of Bearsden Cross, this special little treasure is approaching its third year here. Monadh Kitchen is Scottish-Gaelic for Mountain. A perfect fit, as I ordered a mountain of Scottish food.   

Monadh Kitchen is family-run, the staff are attentive and serve with heart. Inside it is sleek and modern. There are small wooden tables, bundled together for an intimate family gathering. The service was efficient and clean by friendly waitresses. Most importantly, the food is all locally-sourced therefore it is also environmentally friendly too!

My initial assumption when reading the various menus was that there were minimal to no veggie options. But I was so wrong! Upon arrival, the owner served us and asked for any dietary requirements and from then on it was so straight-forward… suddenly a world of vegetarian dishes that could be conjured up were offered. So much care was taken to provide the best customer experience.

Onto the goods… 

My starter was St Andrews cheddar and onion tagliatelle complimented by pickled onion, carrot and (veggie) parmesan. I underestimated how filling this could be. This truly tickled my taste buds! Fully aware that pasta isn’t Scottish but Monadh prize themselves on the contemporary-twists by accentuating the unique flavours. 

For main – butternut squash and rocket pasta perfectly crafted through rocket pesto and crisp parmesan. So. many. carbs. Yet not as heavy as you would imagine. You get what you pay for! Can whole-heartedly state that there is care in every bite.

We also opted to share some desserts, lime cheesecake served with mango and passionfruit sorbet. (no words) As well as… Katie Rodgers crรจme fraiche mousse with apple compote and raspberry sorbet. As good as it sounds!!!

I am in sheer disbelief that Scotland did something right! Who knew we could produce such delicious food? Every accent in Monadh Kitchen is etched with precision. I wouldn’t hesitate to return; this place would be particularly special for an event!

A special note to say: thank you for reading my blog series!


                                              Until next time,

                        Caitlin x





Instagram: @monadhkitchen
Facebook: Monadh Kitchen 
Wesbite: www.monadhkitchen.co.uk

               




Comments

  1. Caitlin, that sounds amazing! I can’t wait to try this place ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

    ReplyDelete
  2. The food looks great ๐Ÿ˜€

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right on my doorstep but just assumed there would be no veggie food. Thanks for highlighting this restaurant for me ��

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts